Once upon a dinner we ordered spring rolls for an appetizer, and not only did they nearly break the bank (SEVEN DOLLARS!?), they only gave us two. Pshh. Ridiculous. Things this delicious should come in bulk. Moreover, things this easy should be recreated! And recreated they have been. We don’t know why we were so shocked at how easy these are to make. It might have something to do with the initial money we forked out for them, but dang, are these easy to make. Healthy, too. Now all you need to do is practice your rolling techniques.
Well, ok, you can use any kind of veggies or fruit, but for this round we used…
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- hot sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- lime juice
- Rice paper spring roll wrappers
Awesome Sauce Directions
- Mince three cloves of garlic and place in bowl.
- Add and mix equal parts (in this case 1/2 cups) peanut butter, soy sauce, and sugar in a bowl.
- Add desired amount of hot sauce and lime juice.
Spring Roll Directions
- Thinly slice up all of your veggies and fruit. A grater works very well for thin slicing.
- To make the spring roll wrappers, you will need a large bowl of water. Submerge the wrappers until they become malleable and flimsy.
- Allow wrapper to sit for a few seconds and become sticky before filling with ingredients. Meanwhile, place another wrapper in the bowl.
- When wrapper has dried and become more sticky, place veggies and fruit inside, wrap it like a burrito, and immediately exclaim, “voila!”
- Dip your spring rolls in that awesome sauce and have a pleasant meal.